Saturday, September 12, 2009

Moving to Napa

I started this blog to have somewhere to talk about moving to and living in Napa. I looked for a blog like this while I was researching living here and couldn't find one, so here you go!

My husband and I are moving to Napa next week. We are planning to rent an apartment for a year, and possibly buy a house in another (if we succeed in saving up a down payment!) I'm a poet and poetry professor and my husband works in IT as a telecommuter, so Napa seemed like an ideal place for us - close enough to San Francisco and Silicon Valley, but since both enjoy small towns, far enough away to be charming and affordable.

If you have any advice for us as new Napa residents, please leave comments!

5 comments:

  1. Greetings! I will be very interested in what you learn as my girfriend and I want to move to Napa Valley from Florida in 2010. We love visiting there and it perfectly suits our lifestyle and needs such that we have decided to do it. Our concerns are job prospects and cost of living. Best of luck!!! Regards, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary! That is exactly why I started this blog - I wanted to give a realistic, honest picture of what it is like to live here as a non-millionaire :)
    Job prospects right now - well, they say there are always jobs available in the wine industry here...my husband and I both telecommute to jobs elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Have to ask now that you have been there a bit, how do you like it? My husband and I are considering it as a retirement location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering the same thing. How are things going in Napa? My family is relocating there this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How's the yoga scene?? I am completing teacher training and looking into potential locations to teach.

    ReplyDelete